I love hamburgers. My family loves hamburgers. Everyone, loves hamburgers. That said though, some people gotta mix it up, gotta add a lil zing to the ole classic. And ladies and gentlemen, that’s we’ve got here. These are a few of the ways the I like to make my burgers.
First, we start with the classic, it’s quick and easy and that’s perfect for an easy dinner. Maybe serve this with some veggies or salad… but let’s face it, what’s a burger without fries and pop (or soda if you don’t live here in the good ole Midwest). But, you do what’s best for you! So, the classic; toasted buns, lettuce, pickles, cheese, the Halal Burg. It’s a classic for a reason, delicious, simple, fast, awesome.
Second, we’ve got the Swiss Mushroom. Full disclosure, I did not like this burger at all for many, many years. But that time has come and gone; the onion and mushroom mix on this burger is great, pile it as high as you feel comfortable with and top it with Swiss cheese. Toss it in the oven and broil it just until the cheese is melted or until it gets a lil golden, place it on your buns and then place it on your tongue.
Finally, the pièce de resistance, The Big Cass. You may be thinking, “Cassem, this burger is suspiciously like something I’ve seen at a very popular fast food chain,” and to you I say… The name is different though 😉 Anyway, very similar to the classic, we’ve got toasted buns, but this time we lather a nice layer of homemade special, uh, “Cass” sauce, add some shredded lettuce, place the burger, slap on some cheese, pickles, repeat that exactly then finish it off with another toasted bun. This truly is the penultimate DIY for a burger. It also was my families favorite the other night for iftar so we’ve the official seal of approval!
No matter what you do to Midamar’s seasoned beef burgers, or the 100% beef burgers, they’re sure to be a hit! Check the video below to see how I made this or keep scrolling for the full recipe.
1 box Midamar Seasoned Beef Patties
Ingredients for the classic:
Butter Lear (aka Boston) Lettuce
Ingredients for the Swiss Mushroom Burger:
1 small red onion chopped
8 oz of mushrooms, rinsed if needed
Ingredients for the Big “Cass:”
½ cup Ketchup
½ cup Mayonnaise
½ - 2/3 cup of Dill Relish
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Onion Powder
3 slices American Cheese (this is a suggested amount, by all means make this cheesier!)
1) For special sauce: combine all ingredients except the cheese and shredded lettuce, and whisk thoroughly. Cover and keep refrigerated. For the onion and mushroom mixture: add onion and olive oil to a large frying pan. Cook for a few minutes or until lightly translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes more or until mushrooms have shrank and are soft
2) Butter the inside of a bun, place buns butter side down in a medium hot skillet and toast until golden brown, remove and set aside. (repeat this process for as many burgers as are making). For the Big Cass be sure to toast both sides of 1 bun for the middle piece
3) For the Classic, place the bun down first, next the lettuce, then the prepared burger, then cheese, and 3 pickles. Add desired amount of mustard and ketchup to top bun, place on top of burger and enjoy
4) For the swiss, place mushroom mixture on top of prepared burger, cover with cheese and broil until cheese melts. Place on bottom bun, top with other side of the bun and enjoy
5) For the Big Cass, place the bottom bun down, slather special sauce (about 1 tbsp), top with shredded lettuce, cheese, prepared burger 2 pickles, middle bun, special sauce, shredded lettuce, cheese, burger, 1 more slice of cheese! Top with 3 pickles and top bun and enjoy responsibly!
That’s it for me this week, check us out on Facebook and let us know if you made this and how you made it your own! Be sure to check us out on Youtube and follow us on Instagram as well to keep up on all of our delicious Halal recipes. Thank you from all of us Midamar!