Okay, I’m going to say it. I love chicken patties. It’s an unassuming, easy to make food but its also incredible versatile. You can eat as a sandwich, you can make a gravy and eat it with mashed potatoes, you can use patties to make an easy chicken parmesan, or you can glaze it. Which is what we’re doing this week! I decided to make a sweet Asian inspired chicken patty. This glaze is great on a chicken patty, but I think it would go well on any type of chicken.
I also wanted to try making a condiment, and I gotta say it turned out great! It’s a little spicy, but mostly sweet, and the mango flavor works great with sweet citrus glaze. Give it a try and let us know what you thought!
For the glaze
½ cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
¼ cup pineapple
¼ cup brown sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
For the Mango Sauce
½ cup frozen mango chunks
½ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp honey
Pinch of garam masala
1 tsp sriracha (or more to taste)
½ tsp lemon juice
1) Bake Midamar Chicken Patties according to package directions.
2) In the meantime, combine all glaze ingredients in a pan and cook on medium heat until slightly thickened. Cool for 5 minutes and pour into large mixing bowl.
3) Remove Chicken Patties from oven, cool, and dredge in glaze. Bake patties until golden brown.
4) In a food processor, combine all mango sauce ingredients and pulse until smooth.
5) Remove patties from oven, place on hamburger bun and top with mango sauce.
That’s it for this week, head to our Facebook and let us know if you made this and how you made it your own! Be sure to check us out on Youtube and follow us on Instagram as well. Thank you from all of us Midamar!