Happy Independence day! July 4th is this weekend and we decided to combine all the fourth of the July videos together to create a convenient place to view all the recipes! Covid-19 has greatly impacted everyone’s ability to see their friends in family, but this July 4th we can still celebrate by making the same foods, playing the same games, and calling our loved ones to speak with them. Just because we can’t all meet up doesn’t mean we can’t have fun! Here at Midamar we will be observing the 4th of July on the 3rd, because of this we will be closed until the following Monday. Please enjoy the recipes and, from the entire Midamar Family, we wish you a happy holiday!
Check out the recipe video below to watch how to make all these dishes or keep scrolling to see the written recipes!
The first recipe we’ll look at is my personal favorite: the Halal Chili Cheese Dog!
½ cup of Midamar Ground Beef
1 package of Midamar Beef Franks
¼ cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove
1 8oz. can of tomato sauce
¼ Tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. of Chili Powder
1 Tsp. red pepper flake (optional)
Hot dog buns
Your favorite shredded cheese
1) Dice onion and garlic and set aside.
2) Brown the Ground Beef, add onion and garlic and cook through.
3) Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and red pepper flake (optional) and stir for an addition 3 minutes.
4) Pour tomato sauce into beef mixture and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5) Grill hot dogs and place in buns, cover with chili and cheese
The next recipe is the Juicy Loosey!
1 ½ lbs of Midamar Ground Beef
¼ Tsp. salt
¼ Tsp. Pepper
1 Tbsp. of burger Seasoning
2 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
2 slices of Colby Jack Cheese
1) Place 1 ½ lbs of Midamar Ground Beef in a mixing bowl with seasonings, mix to combine
2) On a cutting board cut the slices of cheese into 4 small squares and set aside
3) Place Ground Beef on cutting board and form patties, place cheese in center of ground beef and form patties
4) Grill hamburgers over medium high heat or until cooked thoroughly
The final recipe is for Jiddi’s baked beans, a requirement for every family gathering!
½ of an onion, diced
1 package of Midamar Breakfast Beef
1 cup of Brown Sugar
½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
½ cup of Ketchup
2 cans of Cannellini Beans, drained
1) Dice the onion and set aside
2) Cook breakfast beef over medium high heat until cooked, but not crispy, remove breakfast beef from drippings.
3) Add onions to drippings and cook until lightly caramelized.
4) Add Ketchup and BBQ sauce, stir. Add Brown Sugar, stir until dissolved and add beans.
5) Cook until thickened slightly, add Breakfast Beef and cook for 3-5 minutes more (depends on desired thickness)
6) Pour beans into an oven safe dish and bake for 1 hour at 250° degrees
7) Remove from oven
8) Bring to your grill out and watch your friends and family smile!
And that’s it for our July 4th recipes! I look forward to sharing more recipes and getting people excited about Halal cooking going forward. If you want to see a favorite recipe of yours featured in a cooking video please head to our facebook and send us message! Don’t forget to like and subscribe to our youtube channel where we will continue to post these recipe videos and like our Instagram!