Hey Everyone! This time we take a look at Casserole my little brother Laith came up with during Ramadan. We had a couple of packages of Midamar Breakfast Beef in the fridge for suhoor but Laith decided to get creative that night. He was craving a nice baked potato, topped with chives and sour cream and cheese, but he also wanted mashed potatoes! So, he combined his favorite parts of the baked potato with mashed potatoes and topped it off with some of his favorite cheese. I was a little skeptical of the pepperjack cheese at first but after a few bights I realized how wrong I was. The subtle spiciness of the pepperjack played quite well with the chive and onion cream cheese. And the breakfast beef… I mean that goes well with pretty much everything!
I personally don’t care for sour cream so I leave it out when I make it, but it does compliment the dish as a whole, so I encourage you to try it for yourself!
1 package of Midamar Breakfast Beef
2 lbs Russet Potatoes
2 packages of Chive and Onion Cream Cheese (or 1 big container)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Cup shredded pepperjack
½ cup of sour cream (optional)
1) Boil water, add potatoes and let cook until tender
2) While potatoes boil, Cut Breakfast Beef into strips and cook until softened or to desired crispness. Remove from drippings and place in a paper towel lined bowl. Reserve drippings (optional)
3) When cooked, drain potatoes and place in a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add cream cheese, ¼ to ½ cup of breakfast beef drippings, and sour cream (optional), mix until thoroughly combined and smooth
4) Place potatoes in an oven safe casserole dish and sprinkle half of breakfast beef on top of potatoes. Cover with cheese and sprinkle remaining breakfast beef on top.
5) Bake at 350° degrees for 20 minutes