Cooking with Cass: Stuffed Bell Peppers
Hey everyone! Cassem here again with our second video in the cooking with Cass series! This week we’ll be taking a look at Stuffed Bell Peppers. This Bell Pepper recipe is something I learned to love in college, it’s a quick and easy recipe to whip together after a long day at work, or class. This recipe calls for Jalapeños, but I enjoy switching them out with habaneros for a little extra heat!
Oh! One last thing don’t forget to wear gloves when cutting hot peppers. Better to be safe than sorry!
1 lb Midamar Ground Beef
1 Poblano Pepper Diced
2 Jalapeños Diced
½ Cup Black Beans
½ Cup Corn
1 15 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes, Drained
1 Cup of Rice, Cooked
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Cup Mexican Cheese
1) Dice Peppers and begin cooking Midamar Ground Beef
2) Add peppers to beef and cook for a few minutes
3) Stir in Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Beans, Corn, Can of Tomatoes, and Rice. Cook through and remove from heat; keep warm
4) Remove top and insides of 4 bell peppers (color doesn’t matter)
5) Stuff the peppers with the ground beef mixture and place into a deep pan.
6) Cover each pepper with Mexican cheese
7) Pour ¼ cup of water into the bottom of the pan and cover with tin foil
8) Bake at 425°/200° C for 20 minutes
9) Remove from oven and take off tin foil. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown
That’s it for this week, head to our Facebook and let us know if you made this and how you made it your own! Be sure to check us out on Youtube and follow us on Instagram as well. Thank you!