I love Asian food, I could eat Asian food all the time, and with this simple recipe I just may! I also found out that chicken thighs are possibly the best cut of chicken to bake, so next time you wanna bake some chicken I’d suggest trying that. As for the sides, rice is a classic; white or brown is great and because I didn’t want this video to be 5-8 minutes long left it out, but I think doing a vegetable fried rice and maybe season the carrots with basil and give them a good roasting would add to the meal as a whole.
No matter how you make this dish, you’re sure to love it. If you want it a little spicy replace the hoisin sauce with gochujang or siracha!
1/3 cup of Honey
¼ cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
¼ cup Green Onion
1 ½ Tbsp Minced Garlic (about 3 large cloves)
¾ tsp Minced Ginger (fresh preferred)
2 tbsp Canola Oil
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 ½ Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Combine honey, garlic, ginger, oils, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
2) Pat chicken thighs dry and coat in marinade. Marinate thighs in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 day.
3) Preheat oven to 425°
4) Transfer to oven safe dish and bake for 25 minutes flip thighs at 10 minutes and 20 minutes.
5) Broil for 5 additional minutes or until golden brown and edges are charred.
6) Heat Sno Pac Carrots according to package instructions.
7) Serve thighs with rice and carrots
That’s it for me this week, check us out on Facebook and let us know if you made this and how you made it your own! Be sure to check us out on Youtube and follow us on Instagram as well to keep up on all of our delicious Halal recipes. Thank you from all of us Midamar!