This week we are coming in with my favorite breakfast item, the Breakfast Taco Wrap. The scrambled eggs and the hot links work beautifully together, and the crunch of the tostada adds a great texture change to this breakfast on the go. These can be made the night before and then reheated in the microwave or you can pan fry it for about 3-5 minutes on each side on medium low heat just to warm it up again before you head out to work. Also, if you’re interested in making a version of this for dinner all you have to do is switch out the eggs for some ground beef, add some queso dip and you’ve got yourself a restaurant style taco wrap. This recipe will make between 3 or 4 taco wraps, depending on how you stuff them. I got 3 out of it myself but I overstuffed one, which caused problems closing the wrap. So be careful of that. And with that I have concluded my notes on making this! Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
1 package of Midamar Hot Links
5 eggs, scrambled
Extra Large Tortillas
Tomatoes cut into cubes
Black Beans, about ½ cup
1 tbsp butter
1) Cut Hot Links into cubes and fry until cooked through. Remove from heat to a bowl *DO NOT DRAIN*
2) Add eggs to pan and scramble. Just before eggs finish cooking add black beans and cook until beans soften. Remove from heat and place in a separate bowl.
3) On a cutting board; lay the tortilla shell and lay eggs in small circle similar in size to the tostada. Next layer hot links, Mexican cheese, the tostada, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and a little more cheese.
4) Flip over and prepare remaining Taco Wraps.
5) Put 1 tbsp butter into frying pan and melt over medium heat. Once melted add taco wrap seam side down and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Remove from heat and enjoy!
That’s it for me this week, check us out on Facebook and let us know if you made this and how you made it your own! Be sure to check us out on Youtube and follow us on Instagram as well to keep up on all of our delicious Halal recipes. Thank you from all of us Midamar!