Kefta is ground beef or lamb, typically mixed with cumin, paprika, minced onion, coriander and parsley. Our recipe includes a finely chopped small onion, fresh parsley chopped, salt, ground allspice, and ground black pepper. We recommend adjusting your spices and herbs to your taste.
- 1 pound of Midamar Ground Beef or Ground Lamb
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4-6 stems of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 28 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Mix the lamb or beef with the onion, parsley, allspice, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. Form the mixture into 28 balls. Form each ball around the tip of a skewer, flattening into a 2 inch oval; repeat with the remaining skewers.
- Place the kebabs onto a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until cooked as desired. Serve with Mediterranean Salad, Hummus and Flat bread.