This week we're taking another stab at a variation on chicken pot pie. Around the office here at Midamar we found that the chicken mug pie was hit so, because it's still really cold here in Iowa, we thought we'd bring it back for everyone here but do it in a way that everyone in the office could have some for the whole week!
Thus, we have the halal chicken cobbler! We saw this recipe on instagram and tiktok and thought, "That looks awesome, let's make it halal," and so, we did. We don't show this part in our video but we start by making shredded chicken. Simply place 2-3 lbs of chicken in an instant pot or slow cooker with your favorite seasonings, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of chicken broth or stock. After that it's as easy as combining the ingredients in a large glass casserole dish, baking and enjoying!
2 - 3 lbs cooked and shredded Halal Chicken Breast, available here
2 cups milk
1 box of cheddar bay biscuit mix
1/2 - 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 stick of butter, melted
poultry seasoning to taste
Sno Pac Carrots, available here
Sno Pac Peas, available here
1) In an instant pot, place chicken and 1 cup of chicken stock. Pressure cook for 15 minutes then shred in bowl, set aside to cool
2) Combine 2 cups of milk, biscuit mix, and seasoning packet. Whisk to combine, then add cheese and whisk again. Set aside
3) In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining chicken stock and cream of mushroom soup. Whisk until combined and set aside
4) Cover the bottom of a large casserole dish in the melted butter, place shredded chicken, cover with desired amount of poultry seasoning, sno pac peas and carrots, layer biscuit mixture on and spread with a spatula. Cover with soup mixture, flatten any area where the soup moved the biscuit mixture and cook for 45 minutes at 350° or until golden brown
5) Remove from oven, let rest for 5 - 10 minutes and enjoy!