Halal Fajitas are great with Midamar Steak!
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
ounce) Midamar Halal Steak
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, pepper, seasoned salt, chili powder, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. Place steak in marinade, and turn once to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak to the pan, and sauté for 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the steak and slice into strips once when cool enough.
- Add the remaining tbs oil to the skillet then add the onion and peppers, and sauté another 5 minutes. Add Steak back to skillet and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix with meat and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve with Mexican rice, salsa, and guacamole. Yields 6 servings