Buffalo Chicken: A favorite of gatherings for years. Buffalo chicken at sporting events, buffalo chicken at family gatherings, buffalo chicken as far as the eye can see! Considering the big game is coming up in a couple weeks we wanted to show our audience that buffalo chicken can easily be made halal, and more importantly, it can be made less messy with a few easy steps.
We at Midamar always fans of messy, but when I host events I like there to be as little cleaning as possible, best way to guarantee that is with tiny twist on a classic. So, rather than making buffalo chicken wings, we're going to make buffalo chicken taquitos. These taquitos add a crunchy twist that will have your guests drooling for more, and won't cost you almost any extra time. We simply place our halal chicken breast, found here, in the instant pot with about 2 cups of buffalo sauce and let it cook for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, we shred fresh mozzarella to ensure the cheese melts well. Once the chicken is cooked, it's as easy shred, add your cheese, place in your corn tortilla and get rolling! We've found that putting the corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute helps them to bend and prevents them from tearing as easily. After that, just fry and serve! We served ours with heaping helping of blue cheese dressing, but serve it with whatever you like!
And that's all we have this week! Check out our video here or find the written recipe below!
16 oz mozzarella, shredded
30 - 40 corn tortillas
1) Place chicken in an instant pot with 2 cups of buffalo sauce. Optionally, season with garlic and onion powder. Pressure cook chicken for 15 minutes. Safely release steam, remove lid, and shred chicken with 2 forks.
2) Drain excess juices (optional) and add shredded cheese. Mix until well incorporated.
3) Place tortillas on a microwave safe plate, cook for 30 seconds or until they bend without breaking.
4) Place tortillas on a large cutting board, add 1 - 2 tbsp chicken mixture. Tightly roll and secure with a tooth pick. Do this until you run out of tortillas or meat, whichever comes first.
5) Heat vegetable oil to 350°, place taquitos in oil and fry until golden brown. Carefully remove from oil, place on an paper towel lined baking sheet. Fry all taquitos and serve with blue cheese dressing.