Ladies and Gentlemen, after many months of testing and adjustments to flavor profile Midamar is proud to announce it's new Taco Seasoned Beef Topping! We've especially made this new product to taste great and be as versatile as possible.
We've decided to go with a fine cooked ground beef form factor for this product, by doing this we've dramatically increased the usability of this item. It works perfectly for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, taco pizzas, and many other Mexican foods that use ground beef. We're also excited to announce that this is Halal certified product is fully cooked to make it's use even easier! It's simple heat and eat form factor makes weekday dinners easy.
With that in mind, check out the video below to see me use this product, and keep scrolling for the recipe!
Ingredients for the filling:
1 1/2 lb Midamar's new Taco Seasoned Beef Topping
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the salsa:
4 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
half a bunch of green onions, chopped (greens only, reserve some for garnish)
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup cotija cheese
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
Ingredients for taco:
8 large tortillas
24 oz monterey jack cheese, freshly shredde
1) Fry onion in olive oil, once translucent and soft add peppers and fry for 5 minutes or until fragrant and soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add Midamar's Taco Seasoned Beef Topping, mix to thoroughly combine and cook for 5 minutes or until meat is warm. Remove pan from heat and set aside
2) In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients for salsa and mix with gloved hand (or fold with spatula). Set aside
3) Place tortillas on a large cutting board, trim edges to make them flat. In layers spoon meat, salsa, and cheese onto the lower section of the tortilla. Grab the bottom of the tortilla, pull over stuffing and wrap tightly. Once wrapped, cut down the center
4) Place aluminum foil in the bottom of high walled pan, spray with non-stick spray, and place taco halves meat side down.
5) Fill tacos with remaining salsa and cheese
6) Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!